LAB22 is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
LAB22 may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from Thursday, 23th February 2014.
What is personal information and when does LAB22 collect it?
LAB22 collects both personal and non-personal consumer information. Personal information collected by LAB22 is discussed below in this section. Non-personal information is discussed below in Section 2. Personal information is information that identifies you and that can be used alone, to contact you on-line or off-line. LAB22 may collect personal information from our online visitors or users during:
- Warranty registration and requests;
- Customer support and/or technical service requests;
- Newsletter subscriptions, referral services, and other marketing surveys and email campaigns;
- Registration for LAB22 service accounts;
- Product, service and/or subscription orders;
- Service requests from third party service providers on our site;
- Access to our products and/or services on social networks or other third party services;
- Through use of our products or online services where personal information is required for use and/or participation.
Information collected will vary depending upon the activity and may include your name, email address, phone number, home address and/or birth date.
What types of non-personal information does LAB22 collect?
When you use LAB22 products and services, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information for purposes including improving our products and services, troubleshooting bugs, providing services to you, facilitating the provision of products updates, dynamically served content and product support as well as communicating with you. The non-personal information collected may include demographic information including, information about your computer, hardware, software, platform, media or mobile device. We also collect other non-personal information such as username, user ID or persona, feature usage, click paths as well as other data that you may provide in surveys, your account preferences and online profiles. We may also receive information from third parties in connection with market and demographic studies and/or other data that we use to supplement personal information provided directly by you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
LAB22 uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run LAB22. Although LAB22 owns the code, databases, and all rights to the LAB22applications, you retain all rights to your data.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.